Last update : May 25th, 2018
We at DigitalOcto respect your right to privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy.
DigitalOcto commits to secure and transparent privacy practices:
- We never sell personal data to anyone
- We carry out all processing operations in strict compliance with European privacy laws.
- You are in control of your personal information at all times.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us at [email protected]
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND/OR PROCESS
We collect the following types of information about you:
1.1 Personal information provided by you
You are free to explore the Website without providing any Personal Information about yourself.
If you decide to use our Service, you will have to register with us and provide personal information. This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
We may also collect any messages you send through the Service, and other information you upload to the Service.
Customer Support. We may collect information through your communications with our customer support team or other communications that you may send us and their contents such as queries or comments concerning our Service .
1.2 Personal Information Collected from Connected Social Media Accounts
When you connect your social media accounts to your DigitalOcto account, we may collect certain information stored in your social media account such as: your page ID, account ids, access tokens, your scheduled posts, insights data and email address.
This data will only be used by DigitalOcto to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
1.3 Personal Information Automatically Obtained from Your Interactions with the Service
When you visit our Site or use our Service, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), third party webpages accessed via the Service and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site, including the pages accessed and links clicked, or Service, including content accessed.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site or use our Service, where they come from, and what content and functionality is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and/or Service to our visitors and users.
2. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
DigitalOcto may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide users or customers with the Service and other products and services that a user or customer may request or that a user or customer has expressed interest in;
- Provide customer support, and respond to your inquiries;
- Facilitate subscription processing;
- Monitor use of the Service;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Evaluate user interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Publish your content, comments or messages on social media platforms;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide advertisements to you through email messages;
- Aggregate your Personal Information for analytical purposes to better understand your needs, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including by developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our advertising; analyzing how the Service is being accessed and used; tracking performance of the Service; debugging the Service; facilitating the use of our Service);
- Manage our service provider and partner relationships;
- Keep the Service safe and secure
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose the Personal Information we collect about you as described below:
Social Media Platforms
Third Party Service Providers
We engage certain trusted third parties who provide data processing services to us (for example, hosting and maintenance, enhance the security of our Site or Service, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns).
We may share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We also require these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Information they process on our behalf.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us.
DigitalOcto has implemented various measures to ensure that the information is appropriately protected against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, accidental or unlawful destruction, or accidental loss.
All measures which DigitalOcto has taken significantly reduce the risk. DigitalOcto shall not be held liable by any third party, including you, in any event of unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure of information provided that such is not due to Gross Negligence, willful misconduct, fraud or bad faith by DigitalOcto.
Security measures adopted by DigitalOcto include:
- Access to the information stored within DigitalOcto’s servers is restricted to a limited number of DigitalOcto employees;
- We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Platforms secure. The Site and the Service are all secured by SSL protocol, which provides encryption to all data transmitted;
- DigitalOcto’s servers are protected by firewalls establishing a barrier between our trusted, secure internal network and the Internet;
- Each Customer may only access information pertaining to its Social Profile that it is tracking and to the specific End Users interacting with such Social Profile. For Twitter, each Customer may also access public content posted by End Users and containing specific keywords;
- DigitalOcto uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology to run the Services. These vendors all offer best-in-class security;
- When payments are processed via credit card, DigitalOcto uses third party vendors that are PCI_DSS compliant;
- DigitalOcto uses third party vendors to prevent attacks on the Site or the Service and destruction or theft of its data. Such vendors also monitor potential attacks to allow DigitalOcto to inform its Customers in the event their Customer Content and/or DigitalOcto Data has been compromised;
Because the nature of our Service does not appeal to children under the age of 18, DigitalOcto does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If we later learn that any user of our Service is under the age of 18, we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s information from our account database and will restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
6. YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS, CHANGE, DELETION, DISCLOSURE
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or request deletion of your personal information, you can send an email to [email protected] with your first and last name and the URL of all the Social Profiles you have connected to the Service. Note that if you submit a request to delete your personal information, this may prohibit you from using the Site and/or Service.
- You have the right to object to the processing and collection of your personal data, and to withdraw your consent at any time, except where otherwise determined by applicable law. Whenever you withdraw consent, you acknowledge and accept that this will immediately terminate your use of the Service.
- You have the right to opt out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” link in the marketing emails we send to you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND USER CONTENT:
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, in the limited circumstances where this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. WHAT YOU AGREE TO BY USING OUR SITE/SERVICE
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not provide any personally identifiable information to us. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, or if you choose not to provide us with any required Personally Identifiable Information, we may not be able to provide you with the services that can be offered on our Site.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
Octo Labs Ltd.
Bulgaria, Sofia 1000
4 Solunska str.